Bonnot Twin Shaft Feeders work in tandem with Bonnot Extruders to assure continuous processing. The batch may go directly from the mixer to the feeder where consistency is maintained by continuous screw rotation. The Twin Shaft Feeder has two rotating screws of continuous or variable speed that move material to a vertical feed chute; which is connected to the extruder. In many instances the feeder is equipped with an automatic level control to prevent back up and bridging. This Feeder can also be designed with four screws to accommodate higher volumes.
Twin Shaft Feeder General Design Features
- Various knife configurations including fixed and variable pitch
- Various tub lengths and capacities
- Standard sizes: 8”, 10”, 12”, 14”, 16”
- Material of Construction: stainless or carbon steel
- 2 or 4 screws available depending on volume needed